We interviewed DKLord89, the artistic genius behind the memes we’ve seen on social media and orchestrator of the most valuable drop on DSCVR and the Internet Computer to date, with a current floor of 149 ICP at the time of writing.
The drop was given for early adopters of the DSCVR platform and promises to attract more treasure hunters to the ecosystem which is the purpose of DKlord's work: bringing more value to the ecosystem.
DKLord- you are the one who deserves a medal for your service to the community, sir!
1. Please tell us about you, your name, position in the project, your credentials, etc., so that we can introduce you.
Hi. I am DKLORD89, and I consider myself an IC community member. I started out five months ago when I learned about the Internet Computer by doing memes and animations, sharing them every single day to hype up or explain cool features of the IC.
2. How would you describe your artistic style?
High-quality memes and comfy animations for my fellow ICP holders.
3. What drew you to NFT creation rather than traditional canvas-based art?
I wanted to contribute value to the DSCVR Portal, which can only be done in the real web3 blockchain solution; canvasses can’t do the trick.
4. Are there any artists who have inspired you? What do you like about their work?
New Retro Wave art, the 80s aesthetics, everything about it is so cool and gives me the “make it” feeling; imagine investing in Microsoft back then. That’s how I feel about my ICP bag and my 8 yr neuron.
5. What made you create NFTs?
Encouraged by amazing people and influencers and my loyal early supporters and donors, they always told me that my GIFs are great, so why not make some NFTs and bring some fun to the NFTs environment?
6. Can you tell us about your project?
OG Medals celebrates the 2022 integration year. ICP is about to integrate with BTC, which shows that our blockchain is not vapourware like others and is very underrated.
The OG Medals serve as a Governance Token in the first NFT Gated community on DSCVR, and holders will receive perks and rewards for holding their medal.
I am convinced that the only true organic growth and adoption is a total airdrop. Let the art and memes speak for themselves, and oh boy, I was right!
7. How many NFTs will be minted? Can you talk us through the process of how you create the art?
1000 OG Medals, ⅓ contain ICP-ETH-BTC (the holy crypto trinity) logos in different variations. The rest are crypto memes, some made by me, others by anonymous and funny artists, who I think are worthy of recognition in my OG Medals airdrop.
8. Will people be able to breed, stake, rent your NFT, or will it ever be in a game?
--------------- no comment-------------
9. What benefits do you think the Internet Computer has over other L1 blockchains when it comes to creating NFTs?
Gas-free transfers! Like… why are you paying 200 USD for a transaction in ETH! That’s what makes me bullish for ICP, the adoption.
10. What other art have you seen that excites you in the Internet Computer NFT ecosystem?
I honestly hold a lot of NFTs from several projects, and I can’t wait for ICPCS to launch!
11. What excites you most about your launch, and which date is your launch?
According to Avocado Research, OG Medals show the best trading volume in history in the first 24 hours. I think that’s an impressive achievement for an airdrop! And I am forever grateful to all the people who believe in me.
12. What advice would you give to anyone trying to enter into the world of NFTs?
Build your rep organically, and go for it!
13. Do you have further plans to work with ICP Squad in the future after this initial sale?
Yes! Collaboration among artists and influencers will help adoption even more. I hold my ICP Squad, which was the first NFT that I bought! I am so excited for the future, I won’t stop doing memes until 1 ICP is 2000 USD
14. Can you envisage a future where the most valuable NFT space is on the Internet Computer?
Yes, it’s just a matter of time. We are so early, bros. If only you knew of how good things really are.
15. Why do you think your NFTs have become so valuable in such a short space of time?
Because they hold intrinsic value, never listen to the FUD! They want cheap OG medals or ICP!
16. Tell us about your team?
The DSCVR & ENTREPOT partnership from the start was a massive boost for my project and confidence. It’s a powerful ecosystem story that I, as a creator, was able to use their services and for the real OGs to grow their NFT portfolio worth in such a short time.
The airdrop process was flawless and in just seconds! Rick (DSCVR Dev) helped me with the NFT Gated community, and Steve to host my NFT on the blockchain! They are really cool!
For the future, I would like to collab with ICP artists I met along the way of making memes and pushing forward the potential of the NFT environment.
17. What advantages do you believe you have over other competitors?
Organic growth, I just used Twitter and Dscvr, no official website, discord, or telegram, no one had to go for any tedious process, simply people supported me and believed in me, and now here I am.
OG Medals has a lot of merits, especially in how small we started. I say we because we are a community now. I am building the future NFT Elite.
18. Do you have any partners? Please tell us about them
-----------no comment, all in conversations for now-----
19. Tell us about the challenges you have faced while building your project?
No matter what, you can’t please everyone, especially for a small supply, it is in the Top 8 on Entrepot 24 hrs after launch, and of course, you make some enemies along the way.
I started as a humble memer with a modest amount of followers, but I am very ambitious. If I can bring traffic to DSCVR and adoption for ICP, that’s bullish for all projects! I am also responsible for my OG’s, and I will deliver.
We need to leave the crab bucket mentality back in the web2!
20. What are your short and long-term achievements and targets?
----------no comment until I have confirmations from Dfinity Community Grant---------
21. Give us some details about your roadmap?
I have meetings next week, and I will keep my OG’s updated in our comfy OG Lounge (spam free, no bots!), I like to DO first, TALK later. So far, this has worked for me.
22. Do you have any plans to expand into the Metaverse?
Yes, I want everyone to appreciate my OG Medals as a status symbol for early adopters. The Metaverse will go mainstream if people can generate some source of income; NFT can help with that.
The tokenization of billions of assets is coming this decade, and the only blockchain capable of such an achievement is the Internet Computer. I am so blessed to be this early and talking with you guys!
23. Will your NFT be tokenized in the future?
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions 😊