We interviewed Engr, the CEO of ICP Dog, who told us that ICP.Dog will be the first GameFi to use NFTs as heroes and support NFT mining on the Internet Computer. The logo is based on the Black French Bulldog on DFINITY's website.
1. Please tell us about you, your name, position in the project, your credentials, etc., so that we can introduce you.
I'm Engr Raphael Adoyi, living in Nigeria (Africa). I am the CMO of ICP.Dog.Our team brings together outstanding talent from all over the world. I've been in crypto since 2017 and have been working full-time in various fields in the blockchain industry.
Currently, I am the Chief Marketing Officer of ICP.Dog. I have been with the team for some time now, and we have been working together for a long time.
I was formerly a marketing executive at Grand Square, and I provided strategic advisory for different projects in the crypto space. I have also served as an ambassador to Binance, helping in business development work.
2. How would you describe your artistic style?
Freedom, Innovation, Fun and Army Elements.
3. What drew you to NFT creation rather than traditional canvas-based art?
In my opinion, compared to traditional art, NTF relies on blockchain technology and has more vital openness, transparency, and immutability. Blockchain technology guarantees the uniqueness of NFTs. As long as the blockchain exists, our art creation will always live. That's what drew me to creating NFTs, and it's the state every artist wants to see.
4. Are there any artists who have inspired you? What do you like about their work?
The inspiration of ICP.Dog comes from the black French bulldog that appears on DFINITY's website and videos. A bulldog's unruly temperament and indomitable spirit match DFINITY's determination to be the leader of Web3. These are what I like.
5. What made you create NFTs?
Because everything can be NFT, a song, a tweet, a movement moment, etc., can all be on-chain. NFTs can be created unique digital artworks, which can more powerfully release artists' creative and trading potential and bring their art collections into a new era. Collecting NFTs will become an essential label for personal attributes in the 3.0 age.
And the high scalability, high performance, and low storage cost of the IC are suitable for creating and collecting NFTs. So, I issued NFTs on DFINITY and also developed GameFi. I hope to spread DFINITY's spirit to the world through the combination of NFT and GameFi.web.
Can you tell us about your project?
ICP.Dog will be the first GameFi to use NFTs as heroes and support NFT mining on the IC, based on the Black French Bulldog on DFINITY's website.
ICP.Dog intends to unite all forces and carry forward the DFINITY spirit. Currently, NFT projects are the most active, and ICP.Dog will support the excellent NFTs via stake mining to Earn $DOG in the IC, increasing the ecosystem project's cohesion.
We'll release a simulation video of the game at the end of this month. The game has set up prosperous reward rules, which will attract more users and grow the influence of DFINITY.
7. How many NFTs will be minted? Can you talk us through the process of how you create the art?
ICP.Dog’s dream is to gather friends and alliances to fight for their beliefs. Supporting the IC ecosystem NFTs mining enhances project cohesion. At the same time, ICP.Dog will actively cooperate with other great projects, constantly promote DFINITY’s spirit, and increase its popularity!
8. Will people be able to breed, stake, rent your NFT, or will it ever be in a game?
Yes, in addition to the collection value, our NFTs also have the following features:
1) Use NFT as the game hero to enhance the experience.
2) By distinguishing the gender of the dog, the breeding mode is designed in the game.
3) Support ICP.Dog NFT staking to earn $DOG.
9. What benefits do you think the Internet Computer has over other L1 blockchains when it comes to creating NFTs?
We have been following DFINITY since 2018, and we believe IC is the future of blockchain.
1) Compared with others such as ETH, the IC has the feature of zero Gas fee, and users do not need to pay for gas when purchasing.
2) The efficient trade processing of IC makes it almost unnecessary to wait when trading NFT, and the user experience is close to the traditional Internet.
3) All trade information and Metadata are stored on the blockchain. There is no need to use IPFS or dedicated web servers to host data, which is true decentralization and will allow the value to return to the NFT.
10. What other art have you seen that excites you in the Internet Computer NFT ecosystem?
As we all know, the NFT in the DFINITY ecosystem is increasingly prosperous. NFT projects such as Btcflower, Cronics, Gigaverse Labs, and Pokedbots lead the development of the NFT market. Their design and game are so advanced that ICP.Dog should learn more from them!
11. What excites you most about your launch and which date is your launch?
What excites me the most is that we will start the feature of NFT staking mining getting $DOG shortly after launch.
Note: This does not just refer to ICP.Dog's NFT staking mining. You can also earn $DOG by staking some excellent NFTs in the IC.
We will release NFTs on the entrepot.app at 3:00 PM UTC on 25th February. Everyone is welcome to participate!
12. What advice would you give to anyone trying to enter into the world of NFTs?
NFTs are the foundation of GameFi and the Metaverse. If you want to understand them, you might as well start with NFTs. NFTs are forming the basis of a new economy where users can store and transfer real value through the unique identifier of NFTs.
NFTs are just beginning. For example, DOG NFT, in addition to the gorgeous design, can also be used to participate in games to earn $DOG, and DOG's NFT will have more value waiting for you to discover in the future.
Finally, I hope to see DOG's NFT on fans' Twitter avatars.
13. Do you have further plans to work with ICP Squad in the future after this initial sale?
Yes, ICP Squad is an excellent project that contributes a lot to the development of the IC ecosystem. It's our honor to work together!
In the future, we hope to reach more cooperation in games, NFT Staking, and anything that can contribute to the IC ecosystem, etc.
14. Can you envisage a future where the most valuable NFT space is on the Internet Computer?
With the IC ecosystem and Metaverse development, NFTs will also usher in a more imaginative future! I think the future of NFTs is not only limited to picture formats, HD movies, videos, lossless music, game codes, game scenes, etc. can be used as NFT, with IC's unlimited expansion and lightning speed. The only limit is the imagination.
In addition, NFTs in the future will have collectors' value and will add more fun and value attributes, commemorative meaning, etc., to better serve people's spiritual world and the real world.
15. Why do you think NFTs have become so valuable in such a short space of time?
NFT can represent a painting, a song, a patent, a film, a photograph, or other intellectual property. In this field, NFT plays the role of a patent office: helping to register the copyright of each unique thing and helping to identify its patent, so artwork has become one of the most popular uses of NFT.
At the same time, the new generation of NFT is starting to think about more uses besides art so that people of all different types and identities can learn about GameFi and the Metaverse through NFT, and they are the trend of the future.
16. Tell us about your team?
We are an international team with eight members. There are operations, technical development engineers, and designers. We are from America, West Africa, and Asia.
The CEO has seven years of internet + blockchain experience, worked in internet companies from 2014 to 2017, started to contact ICO in 2017, has his own community, and was responsible for the operation and business of several centralized exchanges and decentralized projects from late 2018 to 2021. He also has his own blockchain enthusiast community and club.
The CTO has ten years of technology research and development and four years of blockchain development experience. He has been heavily involved in Ethereum projects, such as BATTLESHIP game technology, blockchain security standards, full-stack operation processes, etc. In addition, he continues to make breakthroughs and solve problems encountered in blockchain with new solutions. He is currently responsible for the development of ICP.DOG.
The CMO has been in crypto since 2017 now and working in various fields in the blockchain industry. He was formerly a marketing executive at Grand Square, and he also provided strategic advice for different projects in the crypto space. He has also served as ambassador to Binance, helping in business development work.
The designer is a famous local illustrator with ten years of Internet design experience. He is a blockchain enthusiast, often participating in blockchain projects and researching NFT design, and has unique ideas about NFT image design.
17. What advantages do you believe you have over other competitors?
1) ICP.Dog uses the NFT image as the hero, which is vivid and enhances the game experience.
2) Staking ICP.Dog's NFTs or some excellent NFTs in IC can get $DOG, empowering many NFTs in the IC.
3) The combination of NFT and $DOG allows GameFi to have more significant development potential.
4) 1M &DOG airdrops for each ICP.Dog NFT.
The game of ICP.Dog is under development, and the video DEMO of the game will be available soon.
18. Do you have any partners? Please tell us about them
Our main partners are as follows:
The Hub of Future Decentralized Finance.
ICP League: ICP League is a nonprofit organization that aims to serve #DFINITY developers and enthusiasts.
Liquid ICP: Liquid ICP is a staking bridge built on EVM-compatible blockchains.
The most personalized crypto wallet on the #IC. The MetaMask on the #IC.
DfinityVietnam: Dfinity Vietnam community.
IC projects community portal.
ICPNews: Committed to the dissemination of information valuable to the IC.
In addition, many great partners are not mentioned, and these partners' support is greatly appreciated. We will cooperate with more projects in the IC to expand our influence.
19. Tell us about the challenges you have faced while building your project?
First, Motoko is in the early stages, and there are very few code bases available for GameFi. We can only use Rust right now, which makes development more difficult. But we believe that these issues will be resolved soon.
Second, the combination of games and NFTs is a new challenge for us, But we are having fun solving the challenge.
20. What are your short and long-term achievements and targets?
ICP.Dog's short-term goal is to have a successful DOG NFT launch sale.
The long-term goal is to follow the DOG roadmap to launch the game, launch the NFT Staking feature, start cooperation with other IC ecosystem projects, and become an excellent NFT/GameFi project in the IC ecosystem. ICP.Dog will contribute more to the IC.
21. Please give us some details about your roadmap
Let me share the current plans of ICP.Dog that your guys care about: share the DEMO video of ICP.Dog game at the end of this month, launch the NFT Staking function in March, launch the IDO in April, and launch the ICP.Dog game in Q2. We will also soon share the DEMO video on the IC.
22. Do you have any plans to expand into the Metaverse?
The metaverse is precisely one of our possible directions. NFTs will become the essential infrastructure in the metaverse. The uniqueness and irreplaceability of NFTs provide a basis that maps reality to the metaverse. The metaverse enriches the variety of game modes and user activities. ICP.Dog is GameFi with NFT as the hero, and it is also the prototype of the metaverse.
23. Will your NFT be tokenized in the future?
We will adopt the model of coexistence of $DOG and NFT. We will launch the ICP.Dog game and issue the token $DOG in Q2. Another good news is that some excellent NFTs of the IC can stake to earn $DOG.
Finally, we will launch in early March.
ICP.Dog NFT will be available for sale at Entrepot (entrepot.app).
Please be sure to get there early as we expect to sell out quickly!.
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions 😊
Connect with ICP.Dog
Connect With Us:
Sponsored Content : Dfinity Community does not necessarily endorse any content or product on this page. While we aim to provide you with information regarding important projects and developments in the Internet Computer ecosystem, readers should do their own research and carry full responsibility for their decisions, and this article should not be considered as investment advice. Please note that every effort is made by DC to vet projects we promote