Welcome to ICP Squad Weekly. Hope you guys enjoy this!
DFINITY general updates
- Proposal to initiate the work for project and design of Integrating threshold ECDSA signatures into the Internet Computer was approved by the Network Nervous System.
- DFINITY open-sourced the Canister Smart Contract Software Development Kit (SDK).
- Network Nervous System proposals have surpassed 21,000.
- Four Episodes of Inside DFINITY have been released.
Four more Episodes of Inside DFINITY were released on YouTube. Dominic Williams talks about end-to-end decentralization achieved by Internet Computer blockchain. He also talked about the subnet overload that happened with ICPunks NFT launch.
Dominic Williams further talks about the bottleneck present in the persistent memory system that enables Canister smart contracts to maintain data.
- Motoko Roadmap Update and GC Improvements | E005
- Linking Dapp Users to Phone Numbers, Email & More | E006
- Game Generator With Scripting & Contract Compiler | E008
DFINITY had received recognition from the mainstream media over the last few days for the direct BTC-ICP integration proposal. ICP Squad had covered the same news weeks ago and released an article on the Superpowers Bitcoin is about to receive because of Internet Computer.
ICP Squad NFT - We are about to change the definition of Crypto Avatars
Current Discord members: 15,000 | Discord Link: discord.gg/icpsquad
- Made the discord Server Public and the First 20k members to join get Genesis role.
We Announced the Gameplay details in the post below.
- We are also Conducting OG missions and rewarded many users with OG roles on discord.
We are receiving very good responses from the community towards our NFT project. We are working on the artwork and whitelisting process. Our NFTs will be customizable by the users, who are going to mint it by themselves.
Dapps on the ecosystem are thriving as usual
DSCVR Hackathon Ends Today
So far few games have been submitted on the DSCVR hackathon Portal. The Leaderboard aggregates your score from ranked games and the topmost players are rewarded with the Prize Pool which consists of tons of NFTs.
Metascore is an integrated mega-leaderboard for games on $ICP. The tournament has ended and winners will be announced soon.
Metascore rewards winners with NFT badges that provide privileges to holders in the later stages.
Here are some games you can play on ICP [Ranked Games on Metascore]
- ICMojis Origins - https://graci-aaaaa-aaaah-aaqjq-cai.raw.ic0.app/
- Dots - https://2kvgp-zyaaa-aaaai-aappq-cai.raw.ic0.app/
- Reversi - https://q6avi-dyaaa-aaaah-qbpda-cai.raw.ic0.app
- Texas Holdem - https://lm5fh-ayaaa-aaaah-aafua-cai.raw.ic0.app
- Tiny Racing - https://6jgp5-riaaa-aaaai-aapuq-cai.raw.ic0.app/
- Mission is Possible (FPS) - https://to3ja-iyaaa-aaaai-qapsq-cai.raw.ic0.app/
Other dapp Updates
- OpenChat increased the user limit for its Alpha from 50,000 to 100,000.
- IC drive canisters can now be charged using Stoic Wallet.
- Portal is testing the Alpha and tokenomics mechanisms.
- AstroX released a weekly update on their Medium Post, where they also talked about TACHIKOMA.
Beginning of the Metaverse boom
There are so many new NFT projects on Internet Computer and they have pushed me to the point where I have to create folders for NFT servers on Discord. Here are some of the major updates on the Internet Computer Metaverse.
- Cronics Floor Price tripled from 5 ICP to more than 15 ICP and went as high as 20 ICP. This was predicted in the previous editions of ICP Squad. Thousands of ICP worth of Cronic were sold when a Whale swept the floor.
- ICPunks is teasing their NFT Collection Infinity Frogs which costs 0.08 ETH to Mint. These frogs can be made to hop from Ethererum to Internet Computer to demonstrate the power of cross-chain NFT compatibility from ICPunks.
- IC Gallery released a sneak peek of Moonwalker NFT. IC Gallery also brings an innovative Virtual Reality metaverse museum for the Internet Computer NFTs.
- ICPBunny allowed users to Mint Bunnys for 0.35 ICP and released breeding details on their Medium Post. The ICPunks holders were whitelisted and were allowed to mint an ICPBunny for 0.2 ICP. ICPBunny is using its own token standard that enables On Chain minting with micro canisters.
- NFT Studio Mint engines and tools ready are ready to go.
NFT studio is also coming up with a Dfinity-Algorand NFT Bridge & Launch of 3D Games.
- ICMojis released the game ICMoji Origins and the leaderboard can be seen on Metascore
- Internet Astronauts opened whitelisting process on their discord for eligible users
- Crowd Created Canvas (CCC), one of the new members of the Internet Computer Ecosystem is the first product of C3 Protocol and the first decentralized co-creation project of NFT on blockchain
DeFi and Wallets
First of all the Plug wallet UI looks amazing. I use both Stoic wallet and Plug wallet. Stoic being a browser wallet from Toniq Labs enables Internet Identity support. Plug still doesn't have Internet Identity support.
Fleek is working on a mobile version of the Plug wallet. Speaking of mobile wallets - ICWallet.org surely makes it to the list.
Check out the website ICWallet.org to download and test the dapp.
- DFistarter released a detailed Medium post on the Tokenomics | Dfistarter public sale is live from 26th September.
- Deland Labs announced that they received a second grant from DFINITY. Deland labs are developing OrderSwap - which will combine 0x and AMM to build a DEX on Dfinity.
- iBridge - A DeFi protocol is developing on the Internet Computer
iBridge is a decentralized infrastructure which cross-chain interacts with different blockchains as well as an open-source non-custodial proposal
iBridge aims to be much more than just a bridge. Check out the details about the project on this medium post.
Comment on the post or reach me on Twitter if I missed anything.
Connect with the ICP Squad:
Connect With Dfinity Community:
Twitter | Telegram | Instagram | Facebook | Email
Disclaimer: The community itself is not affiliated with the Dfinity Foundation but aims to become an indispensable ally to further the next generation of the internet, working cooperatively to ensure the success of the project.
Comments are for members only. Join the conversation by subscribing 👇.