There are a few names you hear over and over again if you are an NFT collector on the Internet Computer. For example, NFTs from Ludo and Jon Ball are among the most sought-after on the IC, and those collections had another great week.
There are a few names you hear over and over again if you are an NFT collector on the Internet Computer. For example, NFTs from Ludo and Jon Ball are among the most sought-after on the IC, and those collections had another great week. However, this week, another name has sprung into the ecosystem, and the fact is that the artist himself may not even realize it. More on that in a moment. First, let’s take a look at some of the top-performing collections of the past two weeks.
Which NFT Collections Have Performed the Best?
I took a break from tracking floor prices to write my 1st-anniversary article last week, so here are some of the top-performing projects over the past two weeks.
· All of Ludo’s Collections – All four collections from Ludo on Entrepot have been way up. This coincides with his first phygital release (Reboot), an auction that garnered a total of 2200 ICP for 3 NFTs and the accompanying physical artworks. In addition, the BTC Flowers floor price is up 27% from 150 ICP to 190 ICP. The ETH Flowers floor price is up 23% from 57 ICP to 70 ICP. The ICP Flowers floor price is up 13% from 51.99 ICP to 59 ICP. And the Pineapple Punks floor price is up 22% from 11.5 ICP to 13.99 ICP. In fact, the top 5 sales of the week were all either BTC or ETH Flowers (not including the 3 Reboot auction sales).
· Poked bots – As the Gen2 launch details approach, more collectors are buying up qualifying bots. As a result, the floor is up another 16% from 24.5 ICP to 28.3 ICP. Just six weeks ago, the floor price was at 18.98 ICP, so that’s a 49% increase over the past month and a half.
· Finterest EA Cards – With the launch of Finterest imminent, more speculation abounds regarding what benefits will come from being a Finterest Early Adopter card holder. As a result, the collection floor price has been up 36% over the past two weeks, from 36 ICP to 46.8 ICP.
· Cubetopia Islands – Collectors have certainly not forgotten game-fi on the IC over the past two weeks. The Cubetopia Islands floor price is up 81% from 25.99 ICP to 47 ICP.
· The Eggs – Artist Neel is back with dynamic NFTs for the ongoing Drakon series. It was announced that the “Offspring” collection is completed, and the first sneak peeks are coming any day now. Holders of Eggs will receive an Offspring for every 4 Eggs they hold. This good news is likely responsible for the sudden 62% leap in floor price from 0.34 ICP to 0.55 ICP.
· DogFinity – The team that never stops promoting the IC has seen a small jump in floor price. Remember that a couple of weeks ago, I commented on how thin the floor is on this collection. Well, just a few sales were able to raise the floor by 25% from 2.2 ICP to 2.75 ICP. And the floor continues to be very thin, so I’ll be keeping an eye on these early dogs.
· Aplomb – The third collection from ICPArt didn’t sell out and took a while to get going on the secondary market, but it seems to be gaining on the other collections in the series now. The floor price of these abstract artworks rose 89% from 1.27 ICP to 2.4 ICP, and being a relatively small collection of NFTs, the floor is very thin.
· PODs – Distrikt’s PODs had a good couple of weeks. The floor price is up 27% from 8.3 ICP to 10.5 ICP. Perhaps this is because you can now click on the NFTs and see what they look like in helmet mode even before you buy them.
That’s just some of the collections that have seen a recent bump in floor price. The IC NFT market has looked very good over the past two weeks, despite the ongoing bear market.
Now, let’s take a look at a couple of upcoming launches.
Two Launches I Will Be Watching This Week
#1: Genesis II – The second collection from Saorsa Labs launches on the 14th of December. The NFTs will be available for minting on Entrepot. The launch will begin at 13:00 UTC for the private sale and 14:00 UTC for the public sale . I’m interested to see how the community welcomes these very technology-forward NFTs that provide a dynamic look at the IC ecosystem.
#2: ORIGYN’s 1st Art Launch – Yumi marketplace will facilitate the launch of fractionalized art ownership on the IC. The first artwork that will be presented by ORIGYN to the community and locked in a secure vault is Suzanne walking in leather skirt. 3,2008 by Julian Opie. There will be a total of 1,000 fractional pieces of the artwork sold as NFTs for 35 ICP each. Once all of the fractions are sold (or the sale reaches the equivalent of $150,000), the NFTs will be delivered as proof of ownership. This sale will take place on the 20th of December. I’ll be writing more to let you know all about it since this is a huge step forward for the ORIGYN Foundation’s vision as well as the goals of Yumi marketplace.
See What I’ve Been Up To
In the meantime, if you want to know more about what I’ve been up to on the art/photography front, please check out my latest article on Nuance: Freelance Ghostwriting’s “State of the Artist” December 2022. I look forward to adding more of my own artwork to all of the incredible collections in the Internet Computer NFT space.
Until next week, trade responsibly!
Connect With Us:
- Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the original author and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the Dfinity Community staff and/or any/all contributors to this site.